The Dixie Mountain Bike Trails Association is a mountain biking access and trails advocacy group formed in June of 2010 in response to the BLM travel planning process. We are located in the Southwest Corner of Utah known as Dixie. Current projects include continued master planning for BLM trails and access, the developing community relationships and infrustructure, existing trails maintenance coordination, and ethics awareness activities.
Build. Maintain. Ride.
The Dixie Mountain Bike Trails Association is dedicated to enhancing and fomenting mountain biking opportunities and trails in Southern Utah. We believe Mountain biking creates a healthy lifestyle that promotes strong community bounds and positively effects the economy. By creating amazing trail experiences in Southern Utah, our goal is create a healthy, strong community of mountain bikers.
Without trails, mountain biking does not exist. Every mountain biker wants new experiences and new trails. Southern Utah has an excellent existing network of single track, but there is potential to add and enhance this network. The DMBTA is dedicated to adding as much quality single track as possible with the hopes of growing the tourist draw and promoting a healthy lifestyle within our communities.
The existing network of trails in Southern Utah is constantly being used. The year round riding season and draw of our world class single track has left many of our trails in need of some love. In hopes of maintaining that draw and the experience, DMBTA is dedicated to conducting trail maintenance days. These work days help promote the community spirit of DMBTA and promotes education and rider ownership of the trails. All of which creates a cycle of caring and protecting of the one resource we need as mountain bikers to exist.
All of our efforts culminate in the community using the trails. We believe that mountain biking promotes a healthy lifestyle that combats many of the health problems our society faces. This is done by riding. The DMBTA promotes the mountain bike lifestyle by conducting group rides to show off the area’s trails and to allow those strong community bonds to be created.
- work collaterally with government and private entities and other trail organizations
- achieve a world-class trail network that provides opportunities for all abilities, interests, and skill levels
- assist in the planning, design, and construction of new trails and trail opportunities in the area
- assist in maintaining current and future trails infrastructure, including preserving the trail objectives for which each trail was created
- educate current and future mountain bikers and other trails users on proper etiquette and trail sustainability
- provide the opportunity for community ownership in the trails system, including adopt-a-trail programs, scout and church projects, and other volunteer opportunities
Lukas Brinkerhoff – Board President
Toni Bain – Treasurer
Kevin Christopherson – Washington County
Aden Sahagun – Iron County
Christina Hansen – Kane County
Richard Brown – Garfield County
DMBTA is a 501c3 as a subordinate member of the Internation Mountain Bicycling Assocaition
DMBTA became a Chapter of IMBA on June 17, 2012. This cooperative relationship allows DMBTA and IMBA to share members and pool resources to provide more on the ground projects while minimizing overhead and administrative costs. DMBTA EIN is 45-3573795
See Our Chapter Agreement DMBTA Charter Agreement
See a copy of our 501c3 IRS 501c3 sub Acceptance Ltr