February Board Meeting Minutes

DMBTA Board Meeting Feb 2016
Build
Objective: Plan next month’s building activities
1. Wire Mesa – Kevin
a. Arch survey still waiting – weather has impeded
b. Should be done any day now
c. Crew scheduled for March 16th
d. About ten miles
e. BLM to flag corridor
f. Bill and Kevin to flag actual alignment
g. Mostly fast singletrack with a few rocky sections in between
2. Kanab – Christina
a. Trail Care Crew Visit – Club Care Presentation
b. How to manage club
c. Trail workshop – 55 people, 5 over cap
d. ACE Crew showed up with tools
e. Built 800-900 feet
f. Intermediate trail, access from city park
g. Trail day every Saturday until can’t build any more
h. Club member donating $1000 to buy tools specifically for Kanab
3. Webb Hill – Lukas
a. 2-3 morning days
b. Trail days
c. Kenny to organize Saturday
4. Race Course – Kenny
a. NICA Course
b. Working on replacing green valley race course
c. A lot of support, Santa Clara, Washington County and BLM working to find solution for this year.
d. Possible reroute of dirt road from Gates Lane
e. A lot of work to make it work, but support is there
f. Jump start that area, SC city looking to build a park at base of the reserve.
g. About 5 miles, 500 feet of climbing
5. Fix trails that are falling out of use
a. Connection Scouting trail for Purgatory/Babylon
b. Categorical exclusions
Maintain
Objective: Assign trail maintenance coordinator and plan next three month’s activities
a. Possible folks
a. Clayton
b. Jay
c. Monte
b. Divide area into regions and have multiple coordinators
a. East and west washington county, Kanab and Cedar

1. Gooseberry
a. Striper
b. Needs paint
c. Trees trimmed
2. Little Creek
3. JEM Area
4. Cedar City
5. Kanab
a. Grand View
b. VRRT
c. Navajo Lake
Ride
Objective: Lay ground work for social activities for next 6 months
1. Washco
a. 2 Rides
b. Gooseberry Trail Day w/ Camp out and ride on Sunday
2. Cedar
3. Kanab
a. Trail day ever Saturday
b. Looking for Social Coordinator
4. DMBTA Tent at Hurricane MTB Festival
Admin
Objective: Quick report on state of chapter
1. Overall Goals and progress
a. Funds raised ? – Goal is $10,000 raised in 2015
b. Membership growth – 68 current members. Year end goal 350

November Board Minutes

Board Meeting Nov 1, 2015

Admin

  1. Membership Numbers and Drive – Lukas 2 minutes
    1. 44 individual members
    2. 58 total current members
    3. 1300 Facebook followers
    4. Paper forms to sign people up
  2. Finance Update – Bonnie 2 minutes
    1. Zions DMBTA bank account balance is $4183.88

Our DMBTA non profit status for the State of Utah has been renewed stating the correct board members. Cost was $10.00

Ongoing monthly expense is Quickbooks at $13.98 a month.

Besides QB’s the only upcoming expense will be in January for Host Gator of $121 to renew the web site.

I will be getting an update on t-shirt sales this week.

  1. Update to membership dues and chapter sharing – 2 minutes Lukas
  2. Blackboard/Chapter Leader Training – Lukas 2 minutes – Next meeting
  3. Board Responsibilities – Group 5 minutes
    1. Membership
    2. Actively working on something
  4. Frog Hollow Booth – Kevin 5 minutes
    1. Friday night and Sunday prior to awards
    2. Get people to help
    3. Give them a meaningful task
  5. CCFO relationship with C-chapter – Aden 5 minutes
    1. Field manager diversity change agent
    2. t-shirts coming
    3. How to better relationship?
    4. BLM thumbs up
    5. Private meetings
  6. Insurance follow up – Monte 1 minute
  7. Schedule Next Board Meeting
    1. Tentatively the 7th

Build

  1. Wire Mesa Update – Kevin 10 minutes
    1. Arch analysis required
    2. Level III
    3. Significant find
    4. Trail designed to avoid sites
    5. Arch about half done, but he retired so we are on hold

 

  1. Santa Clara River Reserve – Lukas 10 minutes
    1. Push for new race course
    2. Alignment should be easy to build
    3. If Wire Mesa stalls, this should be priority
    4. Steve Lisonbee
  2. Webb Hill – Lukas/Kenny 10 Minutes
    1. 4+ miles
  3. Trail Love Event – Kevin 10 minutes – Monte wants to be involved!
    1. Target NICA kids
    2. Help train maintenance crews
    3. Help boost BLM

 

  1. Shurtz Trail/New Flow Trail – Aden 10 Minutes
    1. Machine built uphill is just about done or done
    2. Downhill is currently constructing
    3. 200 yards of machine built left to do and then everything else is grooming
    4. $25,000 grant for SST
  2. Cedar Grant – Aden 5 minutes
    1. Matching grant in labor
    2. $10,000 in labor for $10,000
    3. Recreational grant through the State of Utah
  3. Three Peaks – Aden 5 minutes
    1. Using Forest Service parts on BLM land
    2. Can be borrowed through land management
    3. Going good
    4. Finishing up Petrified Whales
    5. Permission to reroute to bridge
    6. Only place the BLM has authorized ladder bridges for fun
  4. Forest Service – Kevin 5 minutes
    1. Marcia – contact info to Kevin

Maintain

  1. Monthly Trail Days – Lukas 5 minutes
    1. 2nd Sunday of every month

Other trail needs – Group 10 minutes

  1. Gooseberry – dots
    1. Kevin to set it up
    2. Aden to find out about paint
    3. February
    4. White and yellow
  2. Trailheads, signage – Lukas 5 minutes
    1. Needed BCP
    2. Zen
    3. Guacamole
    4. Little Creek
    5. Race Course/Barrel Ride

 

Ride

  1. Group rides – assignment
  1. Fruita Mayor – group discussion

February Board Meeting Minutes

February 2015 Board Meeting

  1. Build 25 minutes
    1. Wire Mesa Update –Bill 10 minutes
      1. Not goose, not guacamole
      2. 4.3 miles to double ttrack
      1. 7-8 miles
      2. Lot of arch sites
      3. Starts off of double track because it’s a great camping/trailhead
      4. 75-80 hours of walking
      5. Higher pace
      6. 3-4 days for completed conceptual
    2.  Dead Ringer update – Kevin 5 minutes
      1. Coming Wednesday
      2. 7-10 days
    3. Kanab Update – Chris 5 Minutes
      1. Hiring IMBA to do master plan
      2. Slow process
      3. Equestrians doing Cottonwood
      4. Horses and bikes
      5. Earthfest – weeklong festival
    4. SG Bike Park Update – Kenny, Kevin, Lukas – 5 minutes
      1. Sand Hollow Aquatic Center
      2. Pump track
      3. Paved
      4. Form Committee – Kenny, john
    5. Desert Canyon
      1. Still wants trails even if bike park doesn’t go there
  2. Maintain 15 Minutes – Group
    1.  Zen/Barrel Ride markers
      1. Kenny to determine amount of baskets
      2. Lukas to procure baskets
      3. Plan day after
    2. Gooseberry day
      1. Needs new dots
    3. City Creek/ Owens loop
    4.  Little Creek
    5. Canal Trail
    6. Hurricane trimming – complete?
    7. Set dates for all work days
  3. Ride – 15 minutes Group
    1. Dead Ringer Ribbon cutting/Celebration
      1. Teena to organize
      2. Drawings from shops
      3. Date set this Friday
    2. Stickers – distribution
      1. On all signs
    3. Group rides – set dates
    4. Tent/membership drives
      1. Good tent
    5. T-shirts
      1. Kevin
  4. Admin 30 minutes – Lukas/Group
    1. Bank Account 1 minute
    2. Membership 4 minutes –
    3. Role Assignments 25 minutes
      1. Membership – Monte
      2. Treasury – Bonnie
      3. Public Relations – Lukas and Kevin
      4. Secretary – Lukas by default
  1.  Paragon Guide Works
    1. Beaver Dam Wash

December Board Meeting Minutes

December Board Meeting

  1. Kanab Feasibility Report – Christina (5-10 minutes)
    1. Good possibility
    2. County is behind construction
    3. Future research in February
  2. Board Structure and how to Grow – Group (30 minutes)
    1. Please come prepared to discuss how you feel the best way to move forward with growing in outlying areas. We also need to address how to assign administrative roles and duties. This will determine how we integrate Escalante. Ricki was not told he would become a board member, but that is something that can happen if we

chose.

  1. Board members
  2. Outlying communities become subcommittees and can work up to baord members
  3. Board will be broken into subcommittees to take care of administrative rolls.
  1. New trail report – Kevin (5 minutes)
    1. Completion date
      1. Rim is a little wider than needs to be
      2. Goosebumps up to bench is well done, couple of issues
      3. Wide section hopeflly will develop organnically
      4. Must be ridden after it’s wet
      5. Kevin put in some rocks to guide
    2. Ribbon Cutting
      1. Dead Ringer
      2. More Cow Bell
  2. New OTE Trail – Clayton (5 minutes)
    1. Hopefully completed by 17th
    2. Americorp built
  3. Canyons trails – Kenny (5 minutes)
    1. Meeting tomorrow to designate areas for trail development
    2. Still want bike park
    3. Possible HOA
  4. Recent trail work – Monte & Lukas (5 minutes)
    1. About 30 hours in SCRR
    2. 40+ hours on Goosebumps and Hurricane Network
  5. Cedar City – Lukas (5 minutes)

 

  1. Logo analysis – Group (5 minutes)
    1. Inconsistent what we are being called
    2. Some version of the square one
  2. Liability insurance – Group (5 minutes)
  3. Membership report – Lukas (5 minutes)
  4. Finances – Bonnie (5 minutes)
  5. Sponsors – Monte ( 5 minutes)
  6. Future trail projects – Group (15 minutes)
    1. Wire mesa
      1. Need to start recon
      2. Kevin to talk to Bill
      3. EA?
    2. Trail work?

October Baord Meeting Minutes

October Board Meeting

      1. September follow up
        1. Ribbon Cutting – Monte 1 minute – do when new addition is done
        2.  Newsletter – Lukas 1 minute – Add board members to newsletter list
        3. Trail Projects – 5 minutes
          1.  Hurricane Rim project – Clayton to ride by himself
          2.  Goosebumps – Bill, Monte, Morgan 25 hours + done
          3. SCRR – currently scheduled for the 19th at 10 AM – 28.5 hours, 9 volunteers
          4.  JEM braiding after Frog Hollow
          5.  Zen – rock baskets
        4. Priority List – Kevin
          1. Thought travel plan priority was the case
          2. List was for the next two years until TMP is planned
        5. Canyons private property project – Lukas 1 minute/Kenny
      2. Upcoming construction projects – 20 minutes Lukas and Kevin
        1. Wire Mesa
          1. Singletrack up cry baby
          2. Parking at bottom
          3. Ganderish
        2. Rim Jobs +
          1. A lot of trail
        3. Hurricane Rim addition
          1. China town wash
      3. Report on current flagging project – 5 minutes Kevin and Monte
        1. 8 AM at sheep bridge/JEM crossing
      4. Administrative structure/role assignment and designation 45 minutes – open discussion
        1. Volunteer
          1. Trail training day
        2. Membership
        3. Trail Work
        4. BLM Liaison
        5. Forest Service Liaison
        6. Communications
        7. Group Rides
        8. Fund raising
        9. Accounting/Book keeping
        10. Promotions – membership, fundraising
      5. Bike maintenance stations
        1. BCP
        2. SCRR
        3. Hurricane Rim
      6. Next meeting Dec 2,
      7. Insurance – needed, next board meeting to find solution

September Board Meeting Minutes

September Board Meeting

  1. Last meeting follow up (15 minutes)
    1. Cryptobionic/Goosebumps Follow up – (3 minutes)
      1. Ribbon Cutting???
      2. Monte has emailed Dave, schedule will happen
    2. Newsletter – (3 minutes) – Lukas
      1. Travel management plan primer
    3. Twice/year mailer – (3 minutes) – Monte
      1. Business cards – vista print
      2. Stickers
      3. Carsonite stickers – rock art Contact Dave – Lukas
      4. T-shirts/tech tee – Lukas
    4. Sales Pitch – Lukas (3 minutes) – Lukas
    5. MTB Project (3 minutes) – Kevin
      1. List of sponsors
    6. Tribal Land Report (5 minutes) Kenny and Kevin – dead in the water. The tribe is not interested in having trails on their land.

 

  1. Sponsorship Levels (5 Minutes) Open discussion
    1. Friends of DMBTA – Supporters, solicit funds on behalf DMBTA
    2. Rigid Singlespeed – $250
      1. Link on website
    3. Hardtail – $500
      1. Link on website
      2. MTB Project
    4. Full Suspension – $1000
      1. Link on website
      2. MTB Project
      3. Logo on sleeve
  2. Upcoming Trail Projects – Scheduling (10 minutes)
    1. Chryptobionic/Goosebumps – railroad ties down, October
    2. Hurricane Rim – Clayton ?
    3. SCRR – Lukas October end
  3. Group Rides – Scheduling (5 Minutes)
    1. September – Lukas
    2. October – Kevin
    3. Early November – Monte
  4. Review of our proposed trails and creation of Prioritized List for Dave (45 minutes)
  5. Canyons – Kenny (Lukas to get contact info)
  6. Master map – Kevin
    1. Review of the maps given to Dave as part of the Land Management Plan
    2. Additions, changes
    3. Prioritize list of where we want efforts to be focused
  7. Misc
    1. Bank account #
    2. CiviCRM access
    3. Next meeting
    4. October 21st at 7 PM, location tbd

July Board Meeting Minutes

July Board Meeting

  1. Last meeting follow up (30 minutes)
    1. Cryptobionic/Goosebumps Follow up – (3 minutes)
      1. Ribbon Cutting??? Sept/Oct
      2. Clayton – October
      3. Kenny – Group Ride
      4. Work being done? Looks like someone is working
      5. New trail proposal
        1. Bill
        2. Morgan
        3. Quentin and DJ
  2. Clayton to get proposal going using existing resources
    1. Forest Service Update – ( minutes)
      1. Lukas – set up trail day
    2. Newsletter – (3 minutes) – quarterly Lukas
    3. Twice/year mailer – (3 minutes) Monte,
    4. Glue Pad for bike shops – (3 minutes) Done
    5. Sell’s Pitch – Lukas (5 minutes) Lukas
      1. The why is important
      2. Healthy Lifestyle -also economic
      3. Obesity
      4. Economics
      5. Tourism
      6. Green Space Conversation
    6. MTB Project (5 minutes)
      1. Kevin
  3. Upcoming Trail Projects – Open Discussion (10 minutes)
    1. Where do we need work to be done?
      1. SCRR – Kenny November
      2. Church/Prospectors – Lukas October
      3. Cedar Mountain – Kevin August
    2. Schedule last half of the year
  4. Travel Management Plan (5 minutes)
    1. Update
    2. County – Monte, Kevin
  5. Meeting with Brad – Lukas/Chris/Kevin – (10 minutes)
    1. Getting letter of support
    2. Facts and figures for mountain bikers
    3. Tourism/economic side
  6. Rockville Bench Update – Monte (5 minutes)
  7. Kanab – Chris (10 Minutes)
    1. Feasibility study – IMBA funded
    2. Sand biggest concern
  8. Paiute Reservation – Kenny (10 minutes)
    1. Spoke with Manager
    2. Open to idea
    3. Damon Cooper
    4. Kyle Mcfee – Land manager
    5. Worried about trespassing
    6. Band Meeting Aug 4th
    7. Hoping for next meeting
    8. Possible hookup with future trails
  9. St. George Skills Park – Lukas (5 minutes)
    1. Waiting for land proposal
    2. City on board
  10. Quail Creek Development – Clayton (10 minutes)
    1. Americorp crew hopefully coming out
    2. Water Conservancy District
    3. Big possibilities
    4. All the way around lake
  11. Beaver Dam – Kevin (5 minutes)
    1. Potential
    2. One nice peak for gravity run
    3. Smooth, half pipe like washes
    4. Easy to build
  12. Monthly Rides – Open Discussion (5 minutes)
  13. World Summit